IMPORTANT! Even if you have previously been approved to take an exam by the Board, you must still reapply for each exam pursuant to Ohio R.C. section 4733.12 (D).
Getting Registered for an Additional PE Exam in Ohio is a 2-Step Process
1 You must be approved by the Board each time you want to take an exam before you register with NCEES Exam Administration Services.
2 After approval from the Board, you will need to register with NCEES Exam Administration Services.
The Ohio Reexam Approval Application, PES 1011-RE, is two pages; the reexam approval application fee is $75.00.
The Board requires the latest version of its forms to be used when applying for examination approval. When applying for an additional PE discipline exam, use the Reexam Approval Application. After downloading the application, you will be able to complete and save the data on your computer.
Only those who are currently registered in Ohio as a professional engineer in good standing can apply to take an additional NCEES PE exam.
For approval consideration, candidates must complete the 2-page application. Your initials are required in several locations on both pages and your affirmation signature and date signed are required on page 2. If your application is incomplete, the application and fee will be returned.
The nonrefundable application fee, using check or money order, is $75.00. Make your fee payable in U.S. funds to Treasurer, State of Ohio. Cash, credit card, or online payment is not available for Board exam approval application fees. Applications including cash will be returned.
REMINDER…All PE disciplines are not available for each exam cycle. Go to our Exam Dates | PE Discipline Schedule page to see when your PE discipline is available.
After verifying your eligibility, the Board will mail you an approval letter. The letter will include instructions on how to complete your examination registration by going online to the NCEES Exam Administration Services website.
If the Board does not approve your application, you will be mailed an explanation.
IMPORTANT! Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Include $75.00 nonrefundable fee
- Initial all initial boxes
- Make sure your personal information is complete
- Indicate additional PE exam discipline in space provided
- Check appropriate response in disciplinary boxes
- Sign and date application
April 2016 Deadlines and Fees
NCEES Exam Administration Services administers Ohio’s NCEES examinations twice a year in Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus. The April 2016 PE and SE Vertical exams will be held on Friday, April 15, 2016. The SE Lateral exam will be held on Saturday, April 16, 2016.
Ohio Application Deadline
- Deadline: Friday December 18, 2015. This is a postmark deadline. Applications postmarked after December 18, 2015 cannot be accepted and will be returned.
- For Ohio December 2015 exam attendees ONLY who wish to apply for an April 2016 exam: Monday, January 18, 2016. This is a postmark deadline. Applications postmarked after January 18, 2016 cannot be accepted and will be returned.
Ohio Application Fee
NCEES Registration Deadline
IMPORTANT! You must be approved by the Board for each exam cycle before you register with NCEES. Your registration fee will not be refunded if you register with NCEES and have not been approved by the Board. NCEES registration dates are listed as a courtesy only and may be subject to change. Contact NCEES Exam Administration Services for current dates.
- Thursday February 18, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. This is NOT a postmark deadline. This is the last day to register with NCEES for the April 2016 exams.
NCEES Registration Fees
NCEES registration fees may be subject to change. Contact NCEES Exam Administration Services for current fees.
- $350.00 PE
- $510.00 PE Structural Vertical Forces FRIDAY
- $510.00 PE Structural Lateral Forces SATURDAY
- $300.00 Religious accommodation