Click below to read or download the General Guidelines for Reciprocity Applicants.



This document includes the requirements for applying to Ohio for a PE or PS license by reciprocity. Applications that do not meet the requirements in the document will be deemed incomplete or denied.   The Ohio Board strongly suggests all applicants read through the guidelines carefully before applying for a reciprocity license in Ohio. The Board does not refund applications fees for those that submit applications without meeting the requirements for licensure in Ohio.


Any registrant whose registration has expired for a period exceeding one year may apply in writing to the Board for reinstatement. The written application must be supported by the following:

  • Contact information page.
  • Detailed statement covering all experience subsequent to the date of expiration. This statement shall describe the nature of work performed, degree of responsibility, and dates of each engagement. THE STATEMENT MUST BE NOTARIZED.
  • Written statement explaining the reason for terminating active registration and the reason for requesting reinstatement. THE STATEMENT MUST BE NOTARIZED.
  • Engineering or surveying affidavit. THE AFFIDAVIT MUST BE NOTARIZED.
  • Completed Ethics Quiz covering Ohio Administrative Code section 4733-35.
  • You must submit verification that you have completed 15 hours of continuing education for each year your registration has been expired in Ohio up to a maximum of 45 hours.
  • Completed CPD log summarizing CPD records. Additional information regarding CPD is available here.

Pursuant to Ohio Administrative Code sections 4733-19-01 and 4733-25-01, a registrant whose registration has expired more than four consecutive years shall be required to take and pass the Principles and Practice of Engineering and/or Principles and Practice of Surveying examination as a condition of reinstatement unless the registrant has been continuously licensed in another United States jurisdiction. If your Ohio license has lapsed for more than four years and you have been continuously licensed in another U.S. jurisdiction, you must have that jurisdiction complete form PES- 4013 verifying continuous licensure.

To request reinstatement documents, contact Lisa Dodge at